Project Manager • Telecommunications Engineer III • Warehouse Manager • Inventory Control Lead • Scheduling Supervisor • Production Supervisor • Machine Shop Supervisor • Investment Recovery Lead • Asset Management • Shipping and Receiving • Materials Management • Handyman
Responsible for establishing facility and operations in Dallas, including hiring, payroll, equipment and operation supplies, schedules, accounts and services, customer interface and all internal operations. Worked closely with home office and provided documents and established processes including Receiving, Order Fulfillment, Inventory Control, Warehouse Operations, Sorting, Disassembly, and Scrap processing. Provided feedback to personnel, reports to both home office and customers.
Received and verified supplies from various vendors and completed PO transactions and non-PO travelers, staged product for stocking or delivery. When needed, communicated "hot" items to team for immediate distribution. Document discrepancies and reported to vendor and inventory team. Completed shipping documents for patient records and other sensitive/HIPPA hospital documents. Kept record of all PO's, Packing Slips, BOL's, POD's, Human Tissue, and scanned documents for archive. Notified inventory personnel of backorders and completed any RMA's. Documented damaged items with photos along with specific details. Assisted Storeroom personnel and couriers with loading of carts of supplies for deliver to floors or off-sites. Assisted walk-in customers with supplies and completed transactions. Assisted with cycle counts and physical inventory.
Responsible for inventory verification and supply receipt against PO, stock put-away, pull, counting and restock for ER, ICU, Day Surgery, Labor and Delivery, Post-Partum, Nursery, Cardio, Dialysis, OR, Rehab, Admin., and others. Maintains PAR levels, manages FIFO and responds to stat needs. Also courier of specimens, food, pharmaceuticals, and clean linen to eight other offsite facilities and mail run. Restock of crash carts and associated paperwork. Prepares, logs, and provides tracking for all shipping to customer. BLS Certified.
Technical knowledge and tools to complete most indoor and outdoor projects. This includes home, landscape, farm and commercial facilities. Knowledgeable in electrical, plumbing, framing, home repairs, farm work, and complete renovations.
Completed Engineering Packages based on requirements and protocol. Ordered materials, coordinated delivery with site personnel and follow-through completion of project according to time allotted.
Manager - Mike Akhras - 972-578-3757
See XO below - Was called back after eight months. Position had been outsourced, but that company was unable to maintain inventory transactions and failed to communicate issues as they arose. There was a $1.5M discrepancy in the physical inventory prior to my return, an $84.00 discrepancy on my first physical inventory upon my return, and 100 % accuracy on the following three physical inventories upon my return. I have also taken several available courses offered through the Company and I have been upgraded to a Test Engineer.
972-578-6445 - Consultant through Modis Temp Agency
Inside Parts Coordinator/Inventory Control
* Responsible for parts utilized in assemblies for customized customer's orders. Receiving of parts on PO's, receiving, verifying inventory, put-away, kitting, notifying Engineers of project receipts, staging for Engineers, RMA's, completing receipt/inventory transactions in Oracle ERP system, notifying customer of ship date and any changes, receiving incoming customer inquiries, assessing customer's needs, and advising customer of current status and developed a relationship of sincere and honest commitment to the customer, expediting of open orders, very proactive in addressing issues concerning the customer's needs and keeping the customer advised of any changes. Reacted to customer's priorities based on several variables including actual needs, scheduled service date, revenue to the company, and any potential repeat business generated by a successful response to each customer. Creating MS Excel spreadsheets and maintaining weekly reporting figures, coordinating material issues with Engineers, Procurement, Logistics, and Planners. Also worked with 3rd party installers and scheduled with them and processed payment of invoices once work was completed. Company decided to outsource this operation.
Terrell, Texas February to July 10, 2011 - Temporary Position
Receive Purchase Orders, replenish stock, and other duties as requested by Advisors. Recognized for 100% accuracy in first 90 days. Trained in RF Scanners, forklifts including, single/double rider, stock picker, reach lift, and sit-down certified. Left after one of my previous employers, XO, offered my position back.
(800) 448-8749 office
Responsible for the handling of parts and services for two combined companies including scheduling install dates with customers for installation of bathroom remodeling or gutter installation. Ordering of parts, tracking shipments, verifying material, staging material, handling customer inquiries, determining priorities, and keeping install crews informed of all aspects of the projects. Fielding customer calls and assessing customer needs. Completed payroll, hired installers, organized warehouse. My tenor here was short of my own accord, this was a hostile environment.
Responsible for make-ready, painting, plumbing, and electrical repairs. Scheduled maintenance for Federal and State requirements including testing pull cords, smoke detectors, changing HVAC filters. Performing job tickets in a timely manner. Estimating and purchase of repair materials and recording time for each repair ticket. I left on good terms and still help as needed.
Warehouse Manager and Account Manager for XO Communications
• Responsible for hiring, discipline, performance appraisals, day to day warehouse functions, facility maintenance, safety training, creating and documenting processes and procedures, identifying recycle values in scrap, disassembly and documenting of end-of-life equipment, documenting disposals according to EPA guidelines, scheduling of assignments, preventative maintenance schedule, loading and unloading containers and obtaining short term manpower to complete tasks, maintaining off-site inventory for customers, providing inventory listings to customers, and conducting site surveys and coordinated site decommissions. Managed 20 people.
* Completely organized an 85,000 sq. ft. warehouse that was in total disarray and created inventory tracking system and created work teams to process various product lines.
* Maintained customer's $60 million dollar inventory and under my own initiative, was able to reduce customer's annual storage fees from $144,000 to $72,000 by relocating it at a cost of $14,000, which was over $2000 under budgeted estimate. This effort helped us by opening doors of opportunity with the client and we increased our sales with them by over $1 million annually.
* Created proposals for use with potential customers based on aggressive value-added details that went beyond the normal client expectations. We were awarded several new contracts based on the detailed business solutions.
* Was asked to assist in establishing new sales accounts and was successful in creating several new accounts by visiting potential customers, face-to-face and given the opportunity to work with them on a continual basis.
* Company localized their operations and I chose not to relocate.
* Responsible for route deliveries in a timely manner and sales of our frozen foods.
* By reconstructing existing route, was able to increase customer base from 600 to 715 customers and sales increased by 23%
* Was asked to reconstruct all routes for our depot and was able to complete some of those before I left to pursue other interests, but best job I ever had. Working one-on-one with the customer and completing sales was a blast.
* After I left, I was contacted several times by Regional Sales Manager to assist in the opening of a new depot in Louisiana and to design delivery routes for the Route Managers. Declined offer.
* I left this position due to an offer to be Account manager for XO Communications under Nave Communications.
Richardson, TX 75081• October 1979 to February 2001
Machine Shop Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Scheduling Supervisor, Investment Recovery
Senior Manager - Roger Prebis - 214-669-3750
Machine Shop Supervisor - Supervised a team of 5 employees for prototype work. Designed tools, brackets and specialty items for the emerging telecom industry, included sheet metal work, welding, brazing, layout work, milling, lathe work, drilling, and a various array of processes. Also helped to maintain facility, maintain conveyor belts and cable production equipment.
Production Supervisor - Supervised 53 cable assembly employees. Conducted time studies and evaluated new equipment on the market and was able to reduce head count to 23 employees. Also responsible for out-sourced work to 3rd parties, quality control and coordinating shipments of raw material to finished product and shipment of product to the customer. Advised customers of shipments and expected delivery dates via email.
* Reduced customer on-time-delivery service from less than 60% to a consistent 99.9%.
* Reduced overhead budget by more than 50% with new equipment and processes
* Evaluated processes and streamlined flow process to eliminate bottlenecks and implemented processes with great success.
Scheduling Supervisor - Supervised 4 employees who created schedules based on a multitude of variables. Consideration had to be taken for product, quantity to produce, manpower, date needed, raw material, and other projects in queue. Attended weekly construction meetings and had to provide input as to the delivery of material in order to meet deadlines and any restraints that would affect the completion date. I also had to coordinate with Production Supervisor, Planning, and Logistics on status of material requirements.
* Attended MS Excel training courses and received certification as Master at Excel. Designed a scheduling program with use of macros so that the particular cable part number could be entered and a BOM would be created for ordering and assembly purposes. This involved over 500 possible configurations, so it was quite extensive. Also, production time for each assembly, the quantity needed and manpower available would allow us to schedule each department very efficiently. Excel program was utilized years after I left.
Senior Investment Recovery Rep. - Responsible for the removal of idle assets across multiple locations in the US. Coordinated with site personnel, logistics, and Asset Management to insure transfer of assets and documentation was correct in system, verified inventory, and determined if equipment would be redeployed, repaired, warranty processed, or sold. Responsible for setting up contract labor and removal process of entire facilities including an over 1 million foot facility in Colorado Springs. Conducted bid sales on excess equipment and processed BOS, collected proceeds, completed documents according MCI guidelines, which included EPA documents for audit purposes.
I was layed-off from MCI during the takeover by Bernie Ebbers and WorldCom, in which, they layed-off any employee with 20+ years despite their role.