Over 15 years' experience in distribution/warehousing, inventory control, shipping and receiving, Hi-Lo driving, truck hauling,
and general construction industries. Extensive background working with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses.
Experience in conducting daily DOT pre-trip inspections according to a set checklist, adhering to all safety and health regulations
including wearing PPE (steel toe work boots, safety goggles, etc), and assisting in new-hire field training. Possesses a current
Commercial Driver's License (Class A) Permit.
• OTR Truck and Delivery Driving Expert-Local, State Wide, and Domestic
• Construction Operations and Management-Roofing, Finished Carpentry, Rough Framing, and Drywalling
• Mechanical experience with a minimum of (1) year product assembly and test experience.
• OSHA regulatory compliance
• High School graduate with excellent math and reading / writing ability. Measuring/Construction mathematics
• Demonstrated good attendance and punctuality record
• Experience working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Effectively worked with hand tools (power screwdriver, table saw, hand wrenches, etc.)
• Ability and drive to meet customer quality and delivery requirements
• Operating equipment (pallet jacks, hand trucks, breakdowns)
• Ability to read calipers and perform quality inspections
• Experienced navigating using Google Maps, MapQuest, and mobile GPS systems
• Drove 16' and 26' box/straight trucks to deliver office supplies to various Metro Detroit businesses including banks and restaurants such as Bank of America.
• Ensured timely delivery of all goods while preserving quality and integrity of the freight.
• Utilized a lift gate and/or ramp with 2-wheel dolly to make numerous stops throughout the shift.
• Inspect vehicle before and after trips, logging and reporting mechanical issues.
• Communicated with operators and other delivery drivers in the fleet to coordinate products handling and delivery.
• Operated box 3-car hauler trucks across 5 states including the East Coast line, primarily transporting automobiles to dealership and residential homes.
• Planned travel routes in accordance with applicable traffic and bulk cargo transportation laws, regulations, standards,
and guidelines. Detected and eliminated safety hazards during travel.
• Performed minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; referred major issue(s) to the shop technicians.
• Verified bill-of-lading shipping documents to confirm load and check for the presence of any hazard materials.
Served as a General Laborer contractor for various industrial and manufacturing companies performing such functions
or assignments including ground keeping, construction laboring, Hi-Lo driving, and scanning/labeling products for distribution.
• Used hoists, cranes, and booms to load/unload all cargo on transportation truck(s).
• Assisted in creating layouts for construction using tools such as rules and pencils
• Read and interpreted blueprints for structural concept for residential and commercial properties.
• Measured, cut, and shaped wood materials using tapes, saws, and chisel tools. Assembled and join structural
components with the aid of nails, screws, and/or adhesives.
• Performed over 30 oil changes per day on all car models.
• Completed assessment of vehicles including brakes, fluids, belts, and tires. Written report detailing needed repairs and updates.
• Consulted with customers on issues found and help determine best course of action.
Delivered materials to machine operators using forklifts, pallet jacks, and/or dollies to ensure that the operators have
what they need for their jobs. Returned material(s) to its initial location using forklifts, pallet jacks and/or dollies to provide a clean work area for the start of the next job.
• Monitored and tracked material using internal computer systems, log books, and pulled tags to maintain correct
quantities and location information and to ensure easy retrieval for production runs.
• Scanned the LPN/Serial Numbers of materials using scanners and Oracle to monitor and document quantities from the inventory.
• Completed weekly physical inventories using internal computer systems and printouts of assigned racks to ensure
accurate quantities and locations of inventory.
• Loaded and unloaded pieces into boxes for shipment and delivery.
• Moved freight, stock and other materials to and from storage and production areas and loading docks.
• Stacked and stored pallets at the end of the shift to keep warehouse clean and organized.
• Cleaned and maintained the warehouse in compliance with OSHA safety standards.