• Prepared, posted, and verified customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
• Created invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
• Maintained and updated customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
• Drafted correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identified delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacted account holders to request payment.
• Assisted Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
• Researched customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
• Performed audits on cash, fixed assets, legal expenses, payroll, operating expenses, and revenue.
• Applied GAAP regulations and ensured document compliance.
• Followed instructions of my mentors and was accountable for all work completed under supervision.
• Gained proficiency in using CaseWare to manage all working papers.
• Performed analytical procedures to detect unusual financial statement relationships.
MOTE MARINE LABORATORY
• Greeter at local aquarium for 3 years and a total of over 266 hours of volunteer service
HUMANE SOCIETY OF SARASOTA
• Dog walker at Humane Society for 1 year with a total of 76 hours of volunteer service